The Nuns, The Priests, and the Bombs
December 23, 2017
Ramsey Clark/”Progressive” vs. “Liberal” Redux
January 6, 2018

Listener Questions and Year End Jokes!

To wrap up a year filled with anxiety, Ralph answers a bunch of your questions and then David and Steve try out some jokes.  As usual, Ralph gets the last laugh.

1. Bruce K. says:

Wow … loved it, great show, and nice humor from Ralph! Who knew?

But another bunch of unpleasant moments watching the “unfunny” David Feldman spew hatred and jealousy at Al Franken. Why does Feldman has to go after Franken every chance he gets. Is there some history between these two? It’s boring and unfounded, and he should go find another line of work.

Perhaps Ralph can take Feldman’s place in the comedy world! 😉

Thanks … let’s hope 2018 is better than 2017.

2. Emily krahn says:

LOL. Loved all the jokes. Ralph, esp. the “cathouse” joke. Perfect. Thanks for bringing up about Trump’s assault on nursing homes, egregious. Also I have noticed NPR has gotten really too lightweight lately. Talk too much about movies, music, actors, etc. Esp. at this time in age of Trump. Happy New Year and much thanks to all.

3. Steve says:

Ralph letting us know at the end there that Hyenas aren’t actually laughing was enough to make a Hyena laugh , ( noooo really Ralph) lmao . Good show!! As usual .

4. Michael says:

I’m supporting the Natl campaign for a peace tax fund promoting tax payer’s choice of our tax dollars going elsewhere raises war.
    Isn’t this the time to start getting our reps to co sponsor such an initiative for tax reform?

• Karen says:

If the Hobby Lobby Catholic Church types fight for laws that permit them to not have follow healthcare laws pay that would have them provide healthcare policies that include family planning contraception; then my religious freedom should be to not pay for war, death and destruction around the planet.

I hope Ralph does not pay Dave and Steve too much; Ralph is much more funny and intelligent.

• Karen says:

If the Hobby Lobby Catholic Church types fight for laws that permit them to not have to follow healthcare laws that would have them provide healthcare policies for their workers that include family planning contraception; then my religious freedom should allow me to not have my taxes pay for war, death and destruction around the planet.

• Karen Bednarek says:

5. Michael says:

Correction on previous comment
    Should read ”besides war” not raises war.

6. Ruth M. Alcorn says:

Beautiful!

7. Murielle McCarthy says:

Thanks gentlemen, I enjoyed your show. I’m vegan and Unitarian with a little ” u” and chuckled at the references to both in the program. Keep up the great programs!

8. Samuel Foster says:

Hello and Happy New Year. I enjoyed your show with Ramsey Clark. I always enjoy your shows because of the topical nature of your comments as well as your knowledge of the historical contexts from which they emanate. You made a comment about a doctor who tracks the effects of pharmaceutical drugs on patients. I was busy and distracted somewhat when you divulged that name. Who is this doctor and how can I reach him?

9. Andrea Cockfield says:

“…a cat house” !!!

10. Ms. Rivet says:

Great show. Just an interesting addition is that other mammals have been documented laughing for enjoyment. Dr. Robert Provine, professor of psychology at UMBC, studies this behavior. I highly recommend looking at a few of his articles or listening to RadioLab’s episode on ‘Laughter’ from their fourth season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-admRGFVNM